[bdNOG-EC] bdNOG3 preparation meeting

Nurul Islam Roman nurul at apnic.net
Mon Dec 22 08:32:53 BDT 2014

Note taken from EC Meeting yesterday:

Agenda:

1.  bdNOG3 Conference Venue Selection

Task 1: Site visit & get quote to provide at January 10, 2015 EC meeting

Potential area selected Gulshan Area

Proposed venue selected according to priority:
1. Lakeshore
        2. Amari
        3. Washington

        Assigned: Simon, Pappu & Jahangir
Requirement: Attached

2.  Workshop venue selection

        Task 1: Site visit & get quote to provide at January 10, 2015 EC
meeting

Potential area selected Gulshan Area

Proposed venue selected according to priority:
1. Lakeshore
        2. Amari
        3. Washington

        Assigned: Simon, Pappu & Jahangir
        Requirement: Attached

3.  PC Nomination
Task 1: Nominate 3 person for bdNOG3 PC- by each EC member.  Nominated
person need to be able to help to find, motivate and mentor potential local
young speakers.
Assigned: Pappu, Moin, Simon, Jahangir, Roman & Dipu.
        Requirement: Please check attached excel doc for the list of people
send EOI for PC from our website. Open to propose people from outside the
list too.

        Task2: Setup CfP System& send bdNOG3 CfP after SANOG in Kandi.
Assigned: Roman, Pappu, Moin, Simon

Task 3: Potential ION Conferences by ISOC. Contact ISOC responsible team and
bring some feedback during next EC meeting.
Assigned: Jahangir

4.  Workshop track instructors

Task 1: Potential Workshop track:
Advance Routing (BGP/OSPF/IS-IS)- APNIC
Network Security- bdNOG/ICANN/APNIC
Linux Sys Admin & Network Management- NSRC
Need to finalise lead instructors and supporting instructor for each track.
Assigned: Open for followup during next meeting.

5.  Registration fees

Task1: Proposed fee structure to keep similar to bdNOG2. Discount apply to
bdNOG members, APNIC members & ISOC members. Should we offer it to ISPAB
members too this time??
Assigned: Open for followup during next meeting.

Task2: Registration system setup & test by end of January.
Assigned: Roman, Jahangir, Pappu, Simon, Moin, DIpu

6.  Budget Discussion

Task1: Prepare a proposed budget to submit during next EC meeting.
Assign: Pappu

7.  bdNOG3 Program structure

Discussion: Four Session during day (9.30-5.30). Opening plenary & Keynote:
Evening (6PM-8PM)
Task1: PC will finalise session name and speakers.
Assign: Open for followup during next meeting.

8.  Local sponsorship solicitation

Discussion: Potential budget for bdNOG3 is 20Lac. Pappu will prepare formal
budget by next EC meeting. 50% need to be collected by local sponsorship.
50% from overseas sponsorship.
Assigned Existing sponsor followup:
bdHUB (Pappu)
Fiber at Home (Simon)
ISOC (Jahangir)
APNIC (Roman)
ICANN (Roman)
        Assigned new sponsor outreach:
All EC member

9.  Next EC meeting:
Saturday, January 10 at 12PM Dhaka Time.