[bdNOG-EC] Welcome to new bdNOG EC and Trustee board meeting summary.

Roman Islam romislam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 15:52:40 BDT 2018

Dear EC Members,

We would like to welcome our new bdNOG EC for 2018-19 calendar year. Also
special welcome to two new EC members Awal and Naser.

Our respected Sumon bhai has served the Trustee board chair for two
consecutive term ( 4 years) and would like to rotate his chair position.
Biddut has been proposed as new Trustee board Chair and Pappu as Vice-Chair
of the board for next two year (2018-19). We are waiting to know the
government procedure before we officially announce this trustee board
position change. Please stay tune for the changes to be effective by next
few weeks.

bdNOG trustee board has approved 2018 event calendar, new EC and other
resolution as outlined below.

We have received an initial proposal from ICT ministry to organize bdNOG8
at newly opened software technology park at Jessor. I will further
discussion this proposal tomorrow at the ICT ministry office to confirm the
available logistic and update all EC members. Please allow me some time as
I will also be traveling until January 20th but will try my best to
summarize the discussion and e-mail on to the EC & trustee mailing list.

We need to have our fist EC conference call soon to confirm the bdNOG8
venue and logistic. Will leave it to the secretariat to arrange the EC
meeting probably the 3rd week of January.

*Summary of Trustee board meeting: *

            1. Trustee board meeting date: December 26, 2017 at Ambar IT
board room. 7.30pm to 9.30pm

2.     Trustee board members presented:

a.     Sumon Bhai

b.     Progoti

c.     Zehad bhai

d.     Jewel Bhai

e.     Biddut

f.      Kawsar Bhai

g.     Roman

h. Pappu (Not Present)

i. Tony Bhai (Not Present)

3.     Review of bdNOG trust document memorandum of article & association.

a.     bdNOG is a registered trust now.

b.     Thanks to everyone involved doing this registration process all
through.

c.     Trustee board need to be more responsible to address the government
regulation and compliance for the trust. I.e.

                                               i.     Trust annual
activities reporting to be submitted to join stock company registration
office.

                                             ii.     Annual accounting
summary and audit report preparation to be submitted to government
organization if needed.

d.     Jewel bhai has agreed to review current memorandum of article &
association document and recommend the board for further action.

e.     Will ask Biplob to send a copy of all registration document to Jewel
bhai

4.     Publication & media management strategy

a.     Trustee board member need to involve more on advising EC committee
members on media and publication related matters.

b.     Hakim (Progoti) has agreed to look into a strategy to expand the
media coverage of bdNOG events. I.e.

                                               i.     Prepare a
magazine/event journal at least once a year.

                                             ii.     Pre and post event
coverage on national TV, radio, print and online news media.

5.     New trustee inclusion and exclusion process review

a.     Biplob will find out the process to include/exclude new trustee
member in the board.

6.     bdNOG event calendar 2018 and 2019

a.     bdNOG 8 proposed date: April 12-16, 2018. TBC

b.     bdNOG 9 proposed date: August 2-10 , 2018 in conjunction with
SANOG32. TBC

c.     bdNOG 10. June 2018, TBC

d.     bdNOG 11. December 2018, TBC

7.     bdNOG sponsorship category review

a.     Will announce sponsorship outreach for 2018 and 2019 soon.

b.     Add new sponsorship category “Bronze” worth BDTK 100,000/=

c.     Include three or four booth at the conference venue which can be
sold to equipment/service vendors during bdNOG conferences.

d.     Prepare individual banner for each sponsors which will be displayed
to individual sponsors office.

e.     Prepare crest or memento to be handed over to bdNOG sponsors during
the conference.

8.     New EC committee

a.     Trustee board has agreed to keep the current EC committee members
and include two new members in current EC. Sumon bhai proposed following
two new EC members which is accepted by others at the meeting:

                                               i.     Abdul Awal, BDREN

                                             ii.     Abdullah Al Naser,
Metronet

                                            iii.     Hakim (Progoti) has
proposed Roman to be new president for next two years which is accepted by
others at the meeting.

                                            iv.     Biddut has proposed
Biplob as new Secretary General of bdNOG EC for next two years which is
accepted by others at the meeting.

                                              v.     Trustee members has
agreed to appoint a PC chair at EC committee to take ownership of the bdNOG
program and co-ordinate with both local and international speakers. Sumon
Bhai has proposed Simon as new PC chair which has been accepted by others
at the meeting.

                                            vi.     Biddut & Zehad bhai has
proposed Mr Nazmul Islam from Bangladesh police to be included at bdNOG PC
committee which has been accepted by others presented.

9.     New board of trustee

a.     Roman has proposed Simon to be included to the bdNOG board of
Trustee. It has been accepted by others at the meeting. Biplop need to find
the process and regulatory requirement to include Simon in the board of
trustee.

b.     Sumon Bhai has proposed to rotate the Chairman position of the bdNOG
board of trustee. Jewel Bhai has agreed to investigate the current
memorandum of article and association. If there is no restriction for this
change then Hakim has proposed Biddut can be the new Chairman of the
Trustee board for next two year.

c.     Hakim has also proposed to rotate the vice-chairman position of the
board and seek for voluntary retirement.

d.     Roman has proposed Pappu will be new vice chairman of the board for
next two years.

10.  ISPAB MOU

a.     Trustee board has agreed to prepare a MOU to be signed with ISPAB.
EC committee will work to prepare the MOU and propose it to the board.

Regards and apology for the long e-mail.

Roman