[bdNOG-EC] bdNOG13 EC meeting update - 18/05/2021

Fakrul Alam fakrulalam at gmail.com
Wed May 19 09:49:36 BDT 2021

Dear EC Members,

Update on the last meeting. Red marked one need some attention:

*A. Sponsorship:*

   1. There will special sponsorship category "Virtual Event Sponsorship"
   for online/virtual events.
   2. Sponsorship investment USD 1000 (25% discount for existing sponsors)
   for international sponsor and BDT 10,000 for local sponsors.
   3. bdNOG website has been updated accordingly
   http://www.bdnog.org/Sponsorship.php.
   <http://www.bdnog.org/Sponsorship.php.>
   4. I have emailed APNIC & Team Cymru and update them about the
   sponsorship category.
   5. Other EC members are requested to reach out to their contacts (local
   and international) and confirm few sponsors.
   6. ISPAB/BPC will sponsor BDT 75,000. I will email Emdad Bhai.

*B. Tutorial*

   1. APNIC will conduct a day 1 tutorial (10th June) on SDN.
   2. Roman Bhai will conduct a half-day tutorial on EVN on day 2.
   3. Day 2 tutorial will be filled up from CfP (if any) or will be decided
   later.

*C. Conference*

   1. 3/4 Technical presentation will be filled from CfP.
   2. Keynotes
      1. Merike Kaeo CTO Farsight Security (Shaila will communicate) and/or
      2. Bill Woodcock (Sumon Bhai will communicate)
   3. Chief Guest
      1. BPC (will get 5 mins slot)
   4. Special guest
      1. Still in the discussion. Will be finalized in the next meeting.
      Potential candidate Moniruzzaman sir from PBI?
   5. Round table discussion
      1. Recommendation to have a round table discussion on "Network
      Evolution and Trends". Need to finalize the title and also the panelist.

*D. Registration & Others*

   1. Free.
   2. bdNOG will get their own Zoom subscription
   3. No local hub; fully virtual
   4. Possibility to have T-shirts for Sponsors, EC/PC members, and
   Speakers. Biplob bhail will update in next meeting.

Please feel free to add your comments if I miss anything. Planning to have
our next call on Monday (24th May).

Cheers,
Pappu