[bdNOG] Cisco VPN Router

Nurul Islam nurul at apnic.net
Fri Nov 15 23:07:35 BDT 2013

I think Momen's question is about the overlay VPN model (5/10 years ago)
where CPE router create IPSec tunnel (customer data security purpose) and
SP POP router need to create another tunnel (GRE/IPSec) to isolate their
routing prefixes. Because several customer or SP infrastructure might use
the same private address range. I think this overlay VPN model is replaced
with MPLS L3 VPN where SP do not need to create any GRE/IPSec tunnel to
isolate their routing prefix. SP now simply create VRF on the POP router
and individual customer prefixes are isolated by VPNv4 address family etc
etc.

By asking "VRF instead of GRE on PE" if you mean MPLS L3/L2 VPN, then yes
it is available in Dhaka. At least Pseudo-wire for sure. Is VPLS also
available in Bangladesh?

What is the required CPE hardware that is also discussed on other reply.

Thanks to bdNOG community. Keep posting more threats and let everyone
participate. We need active people to run our NOG.

Regards

Roman