[bdNOG] Call Center Voice quality improve in public internet and call center security

Aniruddha Barua aniruddha.barua at colbd.com
Thu Nov 21 00:16:08 BDT 2013

Dear Simon bhai, Roman bhai and other members,

Thanks for your emails. I kind of predicted it right. The more we go towards the core ofglobal Internet, the less (or none as you've confirmed) bandwidth management & traffic shaping we see.

ActuallyI am not asking anything for our network. Our current total bandwidth is 300 Mbps (through 4 IIGs) and we are doing fine with our current bandwidth management mechanism. Besides we do not have any Call Center as our customer at the moment. Some of our corporate customers use International Video Conferencing (BTRC authorized of course) among multiple countries simultaneously. They never reported any performance issue.

I was looking at the original issue posted by Mr. Suvro Dev in a larger view. Let's see this,

OrigSite----ISP----UpstreamISP----TransitProv----TransitProv----TransitProv-----UpstreamISP----ISP----TermSite

Atypical end-to-end path looks more or less like above where traffic shaping is taking place at ISP and/or UpstreamISP. If there is any bottleneck in any of the TransitProvs, then ISPs and UpstreamISPs will have to escalate the issue to concerned TransitProv. My experience tellsthat unless there is a DoS/DDoS attack, most of the time the bottleneckwill go away on its own by the time (or even long before) the TransitProvs get the message.

As far as ISP/UpstreamISP of TermSite (i.e. Hello World Comm. Ltd. here) is concerned, Mr. Suvro can take the advices of the experts and seniors earlier in this mailing list, esp. Palash Da's advices. Go for an SLA with the SP.

Regarding Simon bhai'sexperience with Juniper device, I just remembered a quote by Sir W. Churchill, "If you place over 10,000 regulations, you ultimately destroyall respect for the law." The packets rebelled against the thousands offeatured regulations of Juniper and destroyed it. ;-)

Best regards,

ANIRUDDHA BARUA
Email: aniruddha.barua at colbd.com, cto at colbd.com