[bdNOG] Automatic update of Next Hops in Routing Policies for Internet bound traffic in interior routers.

Nurul Islam Roman nurul at apnic.net
Thu Nov 21 20:00:13 BDT 2013

>From SP point of view if you build your infrastructure on R&S only, yes
PBR is the only friend. But in large enterprise/up to some extent SP also,
now a days build another layer to on top of their R&S infrastructure to
facilitate these type of requirement. Layer 4/7 based load balancer, F5,
A10 etc etc. By the term load balancer it sound different then the thread
context but it does more then name. These layers are heavily vendor
specific. Huge capex. SPs in Singapore, Australia, Japan and others are
using these type of vendor specific equipments to build their OSS layer on
top of R&S.

Regards

-R