[bdNOG] BIG FAT Pipe with INDIA - or - GOOD Transit Providers - or - Something else

Fakrul Alam fakrul at bdhub.com
Sat Nov 23 14:08:46 BDT 2013

Dear Hasib Bhai,

I think we are missing one point...."hosting content in BDIX". As far as
I know...BDIX won't give you hosting/collocation service; it only help
you to do the local peering. It's ISP / Hosting provider who bring out
the content and facilitates it's to IX.

Regarding "connectivity between IIG" is pretty messy :-). Connecting 30+
IIG?? Think we need to consider IX for IIG also :-) As per IIG Guideline:

9.07: For domestic internet traffic, all ISPs and BWAs will be connected
with Nationla Internet Exchanges(s) (NIX), which shall operate on a
peering basis. IIG shall also be connected to NIX if so directed by the
Commission as and when needed.
9.08: IIGs shall have interconnection among themselves. PoPs of
different IIGs shall have interconnection among themselves.

So there is no legal issue; only awareness. Correct me if I am wrong.

--
Pappu