[bdNOG] Connecting 70 offices in a WAN, requesting professional advise

Sharif Hasan sayembd at live.com
Mon Jun 16 13:20:14 BDT 2014

Hello guys

I have very simple requirement, connect 70 remote offices including Head office to a corporate WAN. But limitation is we can use only ADSL/3G connection in the most of the remote office like Shatkhira, Bandarban, Rangpur, Bagura etc. I have made a Layout as given below and requesting network security professionals to help me designing a Security Architecture for the WAN with advise about Hardware and Configuration. My requirements are as follows

There will be AD users in remote offices but no servers in the remote offices;

Corporate Web applications can be accessed within the local LANs but normal browsing should bypass the VPN from the remote offices;

Head Office Network Folders should be accessed from remote offices and few Data Backup and Syncing service will run under VPN but very limited Data;

Lync Voice Service will run in the WAN if possible;

SMTP/POP will run only within the LANs for Digital Senders;

One of the remote offices like Chittagong City office will be turned to DR in future but Head office setup will be build for supporting that immediately.

Users also will be able to access LAN from home using modem.

It will also help me if you can provide me any sample Architecture/Layout/Design and Instruction/TOR that I can ask any vendor to do that following by.

Thanks with regards

Sharif Hasan

Sent from Windows Mail