[bdNOG] First Time in Bangladesh Government has given National Internet Exchange Licence (NIX)

Md Alamgir Kabir kabirrana5 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:05:02 BDT 2014

Dear all,

We are very glad to announce that as of June 18, 2014 Bangladesh
Internet Exchange (BDIX) has received formal license from Bangladesh
Telecommunication Regularity Commission (BTRC) to operate as Internet
Exchange (IX) in Bangladesh.
BDIX is the first Internet Exchange Points (IXPs) of Bangladesh and
has been established to provide physical interconnection for its
members to exchange and route local Internet traffic locally through
it. So far more than 50 different types of organisations (ISPs, mobile
operators, content providers) are peering through BDIX.
Since year 2000, supporting the intercommunication between different
ISPs in Bangladesh, BDIX works to improve Internet infrastructure in
Bangladesh and assists its development in different ways.
The vision of BDIX is to provide state-of-the-art Internet Exchange
Point (IXP) services by offering friendly and courteous service to its
members and is operated for the benefit of the Internet community of
the country at large. Its ultimate goal is to establish regional level
peering exchanges in different divisions of the country and to join
other exchanges of the region to develop a regional exchange among the
exchanges of other neighboring countries for enhance content
reachability delivering improved customer experience within the
country and regionally.
Besides its Internet Exchange Point (IXPs) Services, in collaboration
with different internationally reputed organizations
*	BDIX hosts and operates the services of  F-root server,
*	Apnic Community services,
*	Packet Clearing House (PCH) Looking Glass and NTP service,
*	VeriSign TLD Services,
*	Team Cymru community services, etc for the betterment and progress
of Internet and Internet community in Bangladesh.
We believe that receiving formal license from BTRC is a sign that we
are trustworthy and offer to our members professional services with
high quality. This award motivates us to do an even better quality
services in future.
 In its long journey BDIX receives numerous collaborative supports
from different types of organisations and partners. We thanks to our
valued members, sponsors and partners in this memorable day for their
unforgettable contribution and support which helps us to grow and
develop in this long journey.
To know more about BDIX pl. visit our website at www.bdix.net
Photo caption: Dr. M. Asaduzzaman, General Secretary, BDIX  receiving
formal IX license from BTRC chairman Mr. Sunil Kanti Bose

With Kind regards
Md Alamgir Kabir
BDIX