[bdNOG] Work Practices of Cyber Security Professionals

Adnan, Muhammad Muhammad.Adnan at gcu.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 19:15:57 BDT 2014

Dear Group Members,

I am a university researcher who is investigating the development of new, usable tools that will improve the work practices of cyber security professionals. As a first step to achieve this goal, I am undertaking a survey to gain an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day activities of cyber security professionals. The targeted participants for this survey are those who perform security related activities as a part of their job (e.g. security analysts, network administrators, systems administrators, etc.).

I would be very grateful if you could spare some time and complete this short (approx. 10-15 minutes) survey for me. It can be accessed at the following link:
http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1536165/Work-Practices-of-Cyber-Security-Professionals

If you have questions or concerns about this research, please contact me (Muhammad.Adnan at gcu.ac.uk) or my Ph.D. supervisor Dr. Mike Just (Mike.Just at gcu.ac.uk), both at the Interactive and Trustworthy Technologies research group (http://www.ittgroup.org/), Glasgow Caledonian University, UK.

Kind regards,
Adnan

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html