[bdNOG] PeeringDB entries

Donald Clark dsc at google.com
Tue Jun 16 06:56:22 BDT 2015

Hi .bd networks

The International community uses peeringdb.com as a key source of
information.

Many networks in Bangladesh do not have entries, or where they do they have
not properly linked their networks with the colocation facilities or IXPs
that they are connected to.

Can I ask you all to take a few minutes to:

1 - create or update your free PeeringDB.com entry for your ASN
2 - link it to BDIX if you are connected there [and NOVO IX when up and
running]

Doing this will help local networks find each other and help international
organisations understand the real status of the local .bd market.

WARNING - it's important that you create your network entries as networks -
and not IXPs! I'm in contact with peeringDB and Level3Carrier to change
what I believe are errors in their listing as an IXP.

:)

Thanks
Donald