[bdNOG] Service level effect in SM-MM fiber combination

Md. Abdul Awal awal.ece at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:56:16 BDT 2016

Dear Rakib Bhai,
It's not any active decive, just a splicing point/ TJ box.

Best regards,
Md Abdul Awal
Bangladesh Research and Education Network
University Grants Commission of Bangladesh
M: (+88) 017 5557 6242
W: www.bdren.net.bd

***Sent from a mobile device. Sorry for typos and wired auto corrects.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:29 AM -0800, "Mirza Rakib" <mmrakib at gmail.com> wrote:

I think if Joint Box a active device and have Transceiver supported MM and SM both then it will work.

Regards,
Mirza Rakib

We have a probable link to provision with a SM-MM-SM fiber combination shown below:

​
Wondering if there is any issue in terms of QoS, data flow or any other service related problem in the long run. I'd appreciate your comments on that.

Thanks in advance.

BR//Awal

nog at bdnog.org