[bdNOG] Extra peer entries in HE BGP Info for our AS38592.

Fakrul Alam fakrul at fakrul.com
Tue Nov 22 13:11:11 BDT 2016

Dear Aniruddha,

I am not sure whether you are doing AS_PATH filter. If not please do the
following. I make the config  with the understanding that you are not
transiting for any ASN:

ip as-path access-list 420 permit ^38592(_38592)*$
ip as-path access-list 420 permit ^$
!
neighbor {Summit Communications Ltd} filter-list 420 out
neighbor {1Asia Communication Pte Ltd} filter-list 420 out
neighbor {Bangladesh Telecommunications Company Ltd (BTCL)} filter-list 420
out

[note : use the config at you own risk :-) ]

Thanks
Pappu

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Omar Ali <omarali113 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Simon Bhai,
>
> Not only ConnectBD or Xpress is announcing prefixes learned from BDIX but
> some of us are helping to do so. I don't think Xpress or ConnectBD has
> peering with HE, please check below screenshots
>
> *ConnectBD:*
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> *X-press Technologies:*
>
> [image: Inline image 2]
>

> I also didn't find their prefixs in EquinixIX, SG (usually we peer with EquinixIX SG from BD where HE is present).
>

> I think our IIGs and ITCs who are serving ConnectBD and Xpress need to check their prefix filter.
>

> Regards,
>
> Omar
>

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Simon Sohel Baroi / Global Business /
> 01847102243 / <simon.baroi at fiberathome.net> wrote:
>
>> Dada,
>>
>> I guess Xpress and ConnectBD is announcing bdIX Prefix to the internet,
>> atleast to Hurricane.
>>
>> - SIMON.
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Aniruddha Barua <
>> aniruddha.barua at colbd.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I was looking at the Hurricane Electric BGP page at
>>> http://bgp.he.net/AS38592#_peers (Updated 20 Nov
>>> 2016 12:32 PST) about our ASN 38592 and found extra peer entries,
>>>
>>> AS65534 (BDIX),
>>> AS133854 (X-press Technologies Ltd.) and