[bdNOG] ISIS of OSPF

Mehadi Hasan Mitul mmitul at banglalinkgsm.com
Mon Nov 18 09:51:24 BDT 2013

My opinion is same as of Roman vai.
Moving to the main topic of Simon vai, where the concentration is to fast convergence in large MPLS network. I think it can be achieved in the following ways: -
'Enable the MPLS applications for example: MPLS VPN, TE-FRR & MPLS Based QoS'.

a.     In MPLS VPN based network; OSPF will only manage the L3 uplinks between PE-P & P-P. Therefore the size of routing table will remain minimum. Use MP-iBGP to share the VPNv4 prefixes between PEs.

b.    Enable TE-FRR between P-P and PE-P; which will ensure the convergence in <50ms.

c.     Enable MPLS based QoS and assign traffic priority to required customer VPN only.

d.    Also vendor specific VPN-FRR technology can be used with the aid of BFD. This technology offers convergence between PE-PE in <200ms.

Sincerely,
Mehadi Hasan Mitul
PS Core & MPBN Planning Team Leader
banglalinkTM