[bdNOG] Call Center Voice quality improve in public internet and call center security

Palash Kanti Barua palash at bol-online.com
Mon Nov 18 18:00:20 BDT 2013

Dear Mr. Shuvro,

You can ask your SP to ensure the following requirements for good voice
quality.

1)     Packet Loss should be no more than 1% between source and destination

2)     One-way Latency (mouth-to-ear) should be no more than 150 ms

3)     Average one-way Jitter should be targeted under 30 ms

If you use Ethernet connection and G.729 at 50 pps with 20 ms sampling rate,
you need at least 37 kbps bandwidth for each call. Please correct me if I am
wrong.

Regards,

Palash

BOL