[bdNOG] BGP configuration issue in Caching Solution System

Aniruddha Barua aniruddha.barua at colbd.com
Fri Nov 22 10:19:14 BDT 2013

Dear Mr. Rakib,

In this topology, your L3 switch has become a router and I presume you have static routing in
InternetRT, Servers and L3 Switch to find each other. Instead, enable OSPF (or RIP) in L3 Switch,
InternetRT and the Caching Servers if supported by all.

In present scenario, your Caching servers are getting Internet routes from InternetRT with next hop
address 116.58.207.57, if next-hop-self is configured in InternetRT. 116.58.207.57 is on different
LAN segment from the servers. What is the OS of Caching servers? Do the Caching servers support
recursive route lookup? If these are Linux based servers, you need to find a way (route filters may
be) to modify the Target Scope of all routes received from InternetRT over iBGP. Better, enable OSPF
(or RIP) as I mentioned earlier.

Regards,

ANIRUDDHA BARUA
 Email: aniruddha.barua at colbd.com, cto at colbd.com