[bdNOG] Internet Society Survey on Mobile Internet Usage in Asia-Pacific

Jahangir Hossain jrjahangir at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 11:10:07 BDT 2015

Dear members,

We hope all is well with you. One behalf of ISOC APAC, i would like to
invite you to participate this survey.

Yesterday, the APAC Bureau launched an online survey <http://svy.mk/1M8psL0>
on Mobile Internet Usage in Asia-Pacific, which we will run for two-weeks,
from the 15th to the 29th of September.

We are conducting this survey to gain valuable information on how users and
stakeholders in the region connect to and use the Internet on their mobile
devices. Some of the things that we would like to know more about are:

-The mobile devices they use

-What they do online using their mobile device/s

-How they connect using their mobile device/s

-Their views on mobile Internet costs and quality of service

South Asia is considered as home to a growing number of digital natives,
and more of its future Internet users are expected to go online using
mobile devices. Thus, Mobile Internet trends among users are vital not only
for ISOC’s engagement in South Asia going forward, but also to help
policymakers, industry players, and regional and global bodies respond more
cohesively to the needs and priorities of Internet users in this region.

We would thus like to request for your help in disseminating the survey to
your own networks and mailing lists, especially to those beyond the core
Internet community, and to under-represented sectors like women and rural
residents. We would be very grateful if you could please encourage your
colleagues, contacts and acquaintances to take part in the survey, so that
we may gain a more comprehensive and conclusive view of mobile Internet
usage in your community and the country. – you may re-use the text from
this e-mail.

We would highly appreciate if you participate the survey  through this link
- *http://svy.mk/1M8psL0 <http://svy.mk/1M8psL0>*

Many thanks for your continued support for our initiatives.

With kind regards,

The APAC Bureau Team (Raj, Thip, Olivia, Naveed, Noelle and Amelia)