[bdNOG] SANOG 33 workshops & conference
philip at nsrc.org
Sun Dec 2 16:45:10 BDT 2018
As you will have noted earlier when Aftab, Simon and I asked for
volunteers to assist with the programme, the 33rd South Asia Network
Operators Group conference is being held in Bhutan, and will be in
Thimphu in January, generously hosted by Bhutan Telecom.
The key dates are:
- conference January 9th and 10th
- tutorials January 10th and 11th
- workshops January 12th to 16th
The conference and tutorial programme is being developed by the SANOG
programme committee at the moment.
More information about the conference and training programme is on the
SANOG 33 website: http://sanog.org/sanog33/program.html
Key highlights include:
- keynote speaker: Geoff Huston, APNIC's Chief Scientist
- conference presentation on 5G by Paresh Khatri of Nokia
- tutorials on ZFS by Philip Paeps of the FreeBSD Foundation and
DataCentre design by Fuad Bin Enayet of Fiber at Home
The workshops involve 5 days of in-depth technical training on the
- Campus Network Design & Operations, taught by Dale Smith, Nimal
Ratnayake and Md Abdul Awal of the Network Startup Resource Centre,
along with Sonam Penjor of Royal University of Bhutan.
- IPv6 Deployment, taught by Philip Smith and Tashi Phuntsho from
APNIC, along with Phurpa Rinchen from Bhutan Telecom
- Linux System Administration, taught by Hans Kuhn and Mike Jager of
the Network Startup Resource Centre, along with Tshetum Dorji and Alisha
Gurung of Bhutan Telecom
The SANOG PC would like to encourage you to register for this technical
training as soon as possible - seats are limited.
To register to attend SANOG 33, please go to
http://sanog.org/sanog33/reg.html. Note that early bird registration
finishes on 10th December, so please don't delay to take advantage of
the special price!
Hope to see you there!
More information about the nog