[bdNOG-EC] bdNOG3 preparation meeting

Nurul Islam Roman nurul at apnic.net
Wed Feb 4 06:43:24 BDT 2015

FYI note taken in our last meeting (February 3 at 3PM)

Agenda:

1.  bdNOG3 Conference Venue Selection

Selected venue: Hotel Lakeshore/Plum View
Action items: Get a final quote and lock May 18 date for full day. 9AM to
10PM
Assigned: Pappu & Simon
Requirement: Attached

2.  Workshop venue selection

       Selected venue: BRAC Centre Inn
Action items: Please try to negotiate venue cost. BDTK 150,000/= for venue
only is high.
Assigned: Pappu & Simon
Requirement: Attached before.

3.  PC Nomination

Proposed PC:

Zehad  Bhai (BDCOM)
Moin (One Asia)
Fakrul (bdHUB)
Simon (Fiber at Home)
Faisal Mobarrak (Ollo)
Tito (Link3)
Zubair (Fiber at Home)
Faisal Bhai (DU) (Jahangir will confirm ASAP)

PC Logistic Support: Sumon Bhai, Roman, Jahangir, Biddut

Action item: 	1. Get consent from the nominated individual.
		2. Finalise the PC list at the next meeting and publish at bdNOG3 URL
		3. Setup CfP System & send CfP announcement by the end of this week.
		Assigned: Please seek consent from individual nominated by respective EC
member.

Task 3: ISOC BCOP BoF will be accommodated at the last session of bdNG3
conference. Sumon bhai will be following it up with Chris of ISOC and Keep
APAC bureau.
Assigned: Sumon Bhai & Jahangir
Logistic: Roman. Pappu, Simon.

4.  Workshop track instructors

Task 1: Potential Workshop track:
Advance Routing (BGP/OSPF/IS-IS)- APNIC
Network Security- bdNOG/ICANN/APNIC
Linux Sys Admin & Network Management- NSRC
Need to finalise lead instructors and supporting instructor for each
track.
Assigned: bdNOG3 PC

5.  Registration fees

Per person cost analysis (Based on bdNOG2):

1. Venue cost: BDTK 140,000/= (For 5 days) for 51 workshop participants.
Each participant BDTK 2745/=
2. 2. Lunch and tea: 350,395/= (For 5 days) for 51 workshop participants.
Each Participants BDTK 6870/=
3. Others (Writing book, pen, water, banners etc etc): BDTK 40,000/=. Each
Participants BDTK 784/=
4. Total each participant for 5 days: BDTK 10,399/=
5. We have charged BDTK 8,000/= form each.
6. bdNOG compensate BDTK. 2,399/= for each participant from sponsorship
collection.

To make our activity self sustainable we have decided following cost
structure:

Standard: BDTK 14,000/=
bdNOG/ISOC Member: BDTK 10,000/= (for 1 day conference + 1 day tutorial +
4 days high quality workshop)
Early bird discount: BDTK 16,000/= (For full access for any 2 bdNOG event
in next 2 year)

6.  Sponsorship outreach

bdHUB (Pappu), Invoice ready to go.
Fiber at Home (Simon/Sumon Bhai), Invoice ready to go.
ISOC (Naveed/Jahangir),
APNIC (Roman)
ICANN (Roman)
Novotel (Sumon Bhai)